Floor coverings in modern design are represented by a variety of materials, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The top position among this chic assortment is accepted by tiles imitating laminate. It is manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. Due to the abundant selection of textures and colours, such flooring look spectacular and stylish, and match with almost any style of room design.
Advantages and disadvantages
The huge demand for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not just by their own presentable appearance, but also by a range of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural solid wood, therefore it is often used as the main component for decorating flooring.
Among the favorable properties of the material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in performance. The coating doesn’t wear off and doesn’t lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- security in program. The boards are resistant to elevated temperature changes, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. Products are not afraid of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The material is impermeable to water, therefore it’s not a favorable spot for the creation of fungus and mold;
- superb thermal insulating material. Such coatings are Acceptable for the system»warm floor», as they contain clay, which in elevated temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren’t poor to flooring made from pure wood or stone.
However ideal this substance is, it is not devoid of disadvantages.
The main disadvantages of synthetic laminate may comprise:
- The high cost. The product, that can last over a dozen decades is expensive, but in operation, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low rates of sound insulation.
To date, tile below the laminate is produced of 2 types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first version of the coat is acquired from the technology of monocottura.
This type of https://1popechi.ru/ product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, nicely withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
As for porcelain stoneware, it is made from special varieties of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. The result is a lasting and beautiful ending material.
The 2 types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but sometimes square ones are readily available.